Friday, February 19, 2010

Small Winter Honey Harvest

Before - Our Handy Dandy Hand Extractor

My daughter and I curled up on the couch ready for an evening of Olympic entertainment.  I heard my husband downstairs but didn't know just what he was doing and boy was I surprised!  You see we had some frames of honey saved that we were trying to decide what to do with - to save for the bees or go ahead and harvest. 

Now they had just said in our bee class that marital bliss would usually come before honey harvesting in the house....  Maybe he thought I was so thoroughly occupied with the Olympics that I wouldn't check on him!  Whatever the case, before the evening was over he had filled 13 bottles of honey (1 pound bottles)!.  I was excited and what was even better was he completly cleaned up the mess - wow! 
                                 
      After!


Do any of you have any interesting "in the house" honey harvest stories?!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, a man that cleans up after himself is certainly a keeper!
    I did my bottling in the house and I licked so much honey from my hands I got a very pleasant sugar high (without the crash).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never feel bad about eating such sweet goodness that doesn't have all the "stuff" other sweeteners have!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments and suggestions!